Residence Permit and Visa

The Finnish Immigration Service (migri) is responsible for the granting of a fixed-term residence permit for a foreign student for the period of one year (the maximum at a time). Student themselves must apply for a residence permit. EU-citizens and equivalent persons do not need a residence permit, but they must register their right to reside in Finland.

For further information on applying for a visa, the validity periods of visas and visa application fees, as well as a list of countries whose citizens do not need visas, see the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

More information about residence permit and visa:

  • Residence Permit: Finnish Immigration Service, E-mail: migri(a)
  • Ministry of Foreign Affairs, E-mail: visas.passports(a)
Choose nature of feedback
Accepted file types: jpg, png, webp, pdf, Max. file size: 1 MB.

Give contact information


User Agreement(Required)
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.