Sampo campus will move to remote teaching / online classes starting from 14.12.2020. Studies at our Hansa campus continues normally following the security measures such as wearing face masks and maintaining good hand hygiene. Please follow the information on our website and social media.
Covid-19 coordination committee of Ostrobothnia has on 17.11.2020 made the decision to continue the recommendation to wear face mask in public until the end of year 2020. Therefore Vamia continues to strongly recommend the use of face masks at least until 31.12.2020. Wearing the mask is one of the ways helping us secure that we can continue contact teaching.
We take care of each other and therefore we all do wear masks on school premises when possible. If you have even mild symptoms of flu, inform your teacher and avoid coming to school.
Instructions : https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates/transmission-and-protection-coronavirus/recommendation-on-the-use-of-face-masks-for-citizens
Primarily the students acquires their own face masks. The municipalities in the region has organized distribution of face masks for needy persons. Look for point of distribution: https://www.vaasa.fi/en/news/face-masks-will-be-distributed-to-low-income-residents-in-vaasa/
Respiratory infections are avoided by maintaining good hand and coughing hygiene. For instance, common flu and influence, RS-virus and whooping cough can be transmitted by coughing and sneezing or by hands contaminated by respiratory secretions.
Wash your hands always:
- when you come inside
- before you prepare and eat your meal
- after toilet visit or changing of diaper
- after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- if you have touched the same surfaces as a person with flu symptoms
- Do not touch your eyes, your nose or your mouth, if you have not washed your hands recently
A good hand hygiene is the most important measure to prevent also stomach flu and diarrhea.
The correct way of sneezing ‒ do not infect others:
- Protect your mouth and nose with a disposable handkerchief when coughing and sneezing
- If you do not have a handkerchief, cough or sneeze in the upper part of your sleeve, not in your hands.
- Place the used handkerchief right away in the bin.
- When applying for examinations and treatment at a healthcare facility, you may be given a face mask to protect staff and other persons from infections if you cough or sneeze.
If you have symptoms or feelings referring to the corona virus, stay home and take an online medical symptom check-up at https://www.omaolo.fi/ . If required, take contact with your own healthcare facility during their telephone service hours.