Applying for social benefits in Studenta as from 1.2.2023
- Apply for the benefits retroactively, at least every third month.
- Fill in the application (daily allowance, family allowances, travel expenses and accommodation allowances) in Studenta and ensure that you have filled in your IBAN and the BIC code of your bank in Studenta’s Basic information.
- When needed, add the receipts as a picture or a file to the location of files and attachments in Studenta (some benefits are paid by Vamia against receipts only). If needed, the rightness of the information provided will be verified.
- You need log in credentials in Studenta when applying for the benefits.
Additional information: Training Secretary at Apprenticeship services, phone:
040 661 4033, firstname.lastname@example.org
DIGIHELP assists with the log in credentials as well as general matters related to computer use.
- Sampo campus (Sepänkyläntie 16) Monday at 9-15, VamiaGuide
- Hansa campus (Ruutikellarintie 2) Tuesday-Friday at 8-15, C266
email@example.com, phone: 040 131 9380
How to apply
1. Logging in to Studenta:
- Log in to Studentawith your log in credentials; surname and your password. (Please contact DIGIHELP in case your log in credentials is missing or if you forgot your password.)
2. Apply for benefits in Studenta
The social benefits can be found here: Education > Benefits.
On this page you find the social benefits that the student is entitled to receive according to the decision that has been sent home to the student. The benefits are also mentioned in the apprenticeship agreement.
In case the fields do not open the student isn’t entitled to the benefits and cannot apply for daily allowance, family allowances, travel expenses or accommodation allowances.
Apply for the benefits retroactively, not in advance.
Fill in an application:
- Create a new application by choosing New entry.
- Subject: Fill in e.g. month and year.
Contract: Choose the apprenticeship that your application concerns.
- Start date and End date: Fill in the period you apply for (retroactively).
2.1. Daily allowance, 15 € per day
The student can apply for daily allowance if the student suffers a loss of earnings (unpaid time) for acquiring and/or demonstrating competences.
Fill in the number of teaching days in the field Daily Allowance and the dates in the field Description.
2.2. Family aid, 17 € per day
Fill in the number of teaching days in the field Family aid, the number is in general the same as the number of daily allowances. Fill in the dates in the field Description.
2.3 Travel allowance
A student is entitled to be reimbursed for travel expenses if the acquisition or demonstration of competence requires the student to travel one way more than ten kilometers from the student’s home or from the apprenticeship to the place of instruction. The student is entitled to a travel allowance for one return trip per week. Travel allowance is paid according to the cheapest mode of travel between the place of instruction and the home or place of apprenticeship, depending on the actual place of departure and return. The tickets must be attached to the application. If needed, the rightness of the information provided will be verified.
- With own car
Leave the field Traveling compensation (€) empty. Fill in the date, the actual travel and the kilometers in the field Description.
- With public transportation
Fill in the amount of the tickets in the field Traveling compensation (€) and the date, the mode of transport and the actual itinerary in the field Description. Add the receipts to the location of documents in Studenta and save the original receipts. Travel compensation for travelling with own car as well as with public transportation can be applied for simultaneously in case the route to and from the place of instruction has required both modes of transport.
2.4 Accommodation allowance, 8 € per day
The condition for the payment of accommodation allowance is that the acquisition or demonstration of competence requires an overnight stay.
Fill in the amount in the field Accommodation compensation (€) and the dates of the teaching days in the field Description.
Don’t forget to save!
3. To change an application for benefits
A benefit that has been applied for and saved is visible in the list Education > Benefits
An application for benefits can be changed by selecting the symbol of a pen. It is not possible to change an application if it has already been paid.
4. Attach receipts
Add pictures of receipts in Studenta Profile > Files and Attachments > Add
Indicate which receipt you are referring to as well as the date of the receipt. If needed,
the rightness of the information provided will be verified by Vamia.
Ensure that you have filled in your IBAN number of your account and BIC code of your bank in Studenta’s Profile > User Information.
Examples of BIC codes of the banks:
Aktia HELSFIHH / Danske Bank DABAFIHH / Nordea NDEAFIHH / S-pankki SBANFIHH / Handelsbanken HANDFIHH / OP OKOYFIHH / Nordea NDEAFIHH / POP Pankki POPFFI22 / Säästöpankki ITELFIHH / Ålandsbanken AABAFI22
Remember to save the information! A saved application appears in Vamia’s system and is ready to be handled. A separate confirmation will not be sent.